I Forge Iron

Info requested on Bradley Upright Strap hammers.

Hi guys. I'm buying that 200lb Bradley Strap hammer that was listed here a couple weeks ago, and I'm just wondering what old literature, etc, anybody has.

I'm not new to hammers, I've got an old style 75lb Bull, and I've run nearly every type of hammer out there, and rebuilt a few of them.  However, I've never used this particular style, and searches don't produce a lot of info. I make damascus semi-full time, so I'm hoping to put this girl to work tuned for drawing large billets.  I currently run my Bull at the limit of her capacity, and she'll likely be retuned and setup for general forging.  I've heard these Bradley's are designed to run at pretty high BPM?

I know there are some old manuals floating around, etc.  Information on adjusting (I know there are various adjustments to stroke length, etc), any old newspaper ads, etc. Would be appreciated.

It'll be a bit before I get the hammer moved into my shop, so I'm just wanting to wet my whistle a bit, and hopefully we can consolidate some information about these hammer here.  Honestly any Bradley information anybody has would be appreciated. I'll even put together a website if there's interest.

Lots of content has been lost over the years, I hate to see more of it go missing.  Anyway, thanks!